ANNEX II - SMALL-SCALE HYDROPOWER (Completed 2017)
IEA Hydro's Annex II on Small-Scale Hydropower was active from 1995-2017 in several areas.
- Assessment tools & methodologies, financing, economic risk & sensitivity analysis and more
- Analysis of government policies & experiences, what works & what doesn’t
- Providing a forum for the exchange of small-hydro data through this website
- Providing information on state-of-art technologies for the development of small hydro projects
TASK A1: SMALL HYDRO INTERNATIONAL GATEWAY
In 2012 the task force on Small-Scale Hydropower (Annex II) launched its Small Hydro International Gateway to facilitate the development of new small hydro projects.
As of 31 May 2017 the Small Hydro International Gateway closed, with small hydro resources integrated into the IEA Hydro website and now accessed via the links from this page.
TASK A5: Sustainable Small-Scale Hydropower in Local Communities. COMPLETED 2017
DOWNLOAD the Report Brochure here.
DOWNLOAD the Report
The Final Report (March 2017) consists of a Summary Report and 3 Appendices. Download the report as follows:.
- Summary Report
- Appendix 1 - Current Status of small-scale hydropower
- Appendix 2 - Good Practice Reports - Part 1: pages 1-104
- Appendix 2 - Good Practice Reports - Part 2: pages 105-196
- Appendix 3 - Literature list
TASK B2: Innovative Technologies and applications for small, mini and micro hydro. COMPLETED 2010.
Report findings and detailed informaton are available on our Small Hydro Innovative Technologies page
Resources previously accessed via the Annex II Small-Hydro International Gateway have been reviewed, updated and integrated into the IEA Hydro website. From 31 May 2017 easy access to the resources is as follows:
SMALL HYDRO INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES - See here
- ASSESSMENT TOOLS AND METHODOLOGIES - See here
EXTERNAL REPORTS & OTHER RESOURCES: A database of reports on all aspects of small hydro and access to other resources from a variety of international sources. Access the small hydro resources here.
PAST ANNEX II REPORTS: Download all reports of this Annex from our Publications page.
Annex IX: Valuing Hydropower Services - Phase II: Utilization of Hydropower Flexibility Capability in Evolving Energy Systems
(2018 - )
Annex XII: Hydropower & the Environment Task 1: Managing the Carbon Balance of Freshwater Reservoirs
(2007 - Present)
Annex XIII: Hydropower & Fish
(2013 - Present)
Annex XIV: Management Models for Hydropower Cascade Reservoirs
(2015 - )
Annex XV: Maintenance Works and Decision-Making for Hydro Facilities
(2016 - 2019)
ANNEX XVI - Hidden Hydro
(2018 - )