What is IEA Hydropower doing in Phase 4 (2010-2015)?
In Phase 4 IEA Hydro is continuing to actively address issues which face the industry in relation to the socially responsible development and operation of hydropower projects, and to respond to the new challenges of changes in the energy market place. This work is being carried out by task forces called Annexes.
Detailed information about these New and On-going Activities can be obtained by going to the individual Annex pages.
1. Task 1: Managing the Carbon Balance in Freshwater Reservoirs
2. Task 2: Update of Phase 1 Recommendations on Hydropower and the Environment
Phases 1-3 (1995 - 2009)
During its first 3 phases, IEA Hydro carried out research in many areas.
Follow the links to find out more:
- Upgrading of Hydropower Installations - Annex I
- Environmental and Social Impacts of Hydropower - Annex III
- Education and Training in Hydropower - Annexes V & VII
- Public Awareness - Annex VI
- Hydropower Good Practices - Annex VIII